Dev Ops engineer
Virtual Labs Engineering and Architecture Division (VLEAD) is looking for competent and experienced front end web developers to work in the core technologies of Virtual Labs. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency for ensuring highest levels of performance and availability of critical infrastructure. The engineering team at Virtual Labs is looking at innovative ways to design, develop and deploy the various applications with high uptime requirements. We are looking for developers who can build high-quality front end modules in compliance with standards, quality guidelines and relevant best practices. Commonly used technologies for Virtual Labs are:
- OS: Linux/Unix
- Tools: Emacs (Org-mode)
- Version control: git
We need someone who has good experience in systems and cloud deployment technologies.. We follow a technology agnostic approach and adopt the best technology for solving the problem at hand. We have a bias towards action, creative problem solving and a metrics driven mindset. We are a fully open source shop and big believers in contributing back to the community.
We need a DevOps engineers who will
- work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our systems.
- Work on clusters, containers etc, move developed products on to AWS, monitor and optimize Usage etc,
- support applications, and developers in related services,
- if necessary be able to move applications from current cloud environment to another.
- Guide teams through the process during outages ensure high availability of systems.
- Work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate systems.
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- B.Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience in Systems and Cloud services is desirable.
- Cognizance with REST APIs and service-oriented-architecture (SOA).
- Experience in functional programming,will be appreciated.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles with good requirements and design documentation skills.
- Good problem solving skills with curiosity to explore technology.
- Quick self learner, proactive team player and an effective communicator.
- In depth understanding of the entire web development process including design, development and deployment with some back-end knowledge would be desirable. Must have worked in Open source projects
Please apply at email@example.com