QA Automation Engineer
Virtual Labs Engineering and Architecture Division (VLEAD) is looking for a competent and experienced Selenium Automation Engineer to work in the core technologies of Virtual Labs. The engineering team is looking for a technical architect who can conceptualize and design intelligent systems, understand the project ecosystem, identify issues and bottlenecks and proactively come up with solutions. Commonly used technologies for Virtual Labs are:
- Version control: git
- OS: Linux - CentOS, Ubuntu, etc
- Tools: Selenium and other open source automation tools, Redmine (Project Management System), Mediawiki, Emacs (Org-mode)
Some of the problems that you can solve while managing different teams:
- Setup QA automation framework for Virtual Labs
- Build common libraries and test cases that can be used across labs
- Drive QA automation design reviews and discussions. Inculcate engineering best practices across the team.
- Strong emphasis on performance and quality with a sharp business sense.
- Be an advocate for an extensible, scalable and maintainable automation design and lead by example.
- Develop scripts, utilities, and data generators as required to execute tests.
- Should be able to accomplish the goals with little or no supervision.
- Experience adjusting to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks.
- B.Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant QA automation design and development experience is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of automated test scripts and strong analytical skills.
- Exposure to a wide range of problem spaces and technologies and the ability to evaluate upcoming technologies. Good understanding of SDLC and the Program Management methods.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles with good requirements and design documentation skills.
- Ability to create strong working relationships within and across functional teams.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and familiarity with design patterns.
- LAMP stack proficiency (Expertise with Python is preferred.)
- Prior startup experience (cloud-based product or service is a bonus), AWS experience and contributions to open source projects would be desirable.
- Person should be customer and team-oriented, self-starters with practical experience testing and supporting production released applications.
- Should have worked in AGILE/DevOps Methodology, Continuation Integration/Continuous Automation delivery. (Min. 2 Years)
- Hands on Experience in Automaton script writing and Execution. (Selenium & Frame work) (Min. 3 Years)
- Experience in mentoring and coaching technical team members would be an added advantage.
- Researches new Automation testing development tools and techniques, making recommendations to improve overall testing processes.
- Assist in the implement the product into production, providing on-going customer support as needed.
Please apply at email@example.com