Technical Team Lead
Virtual Labs Engineering and Architecture Division (VLEAD) is looking for a competent and experienced technical team lead to work in the core technologies of Virtual Labs. The engineering team is looking for a technical lead who can conceptualize and design systems, understand the project ecosystem, identify issues and bottlenecks and proactively come up with solutions. He must be able to lead the team of developers, mentor the team members and ensure they are able to deliver high quality outcomes. Commonly used technologies for Virtual Labs are:
- OS: Linux/Unix
- Tools: Redmine (Project Management System), Mediawiki, Emacs (Org-mode)
- Version control: git
Some of the problems that you can solve while working with different teams:
- Find solutions to complex issues that are unique to our project and integrate them across integration teams.
- Build low-latency systems and make data-driven decisions.
- Conceptualise and build intelligent platforms that maximize the value of our offering and helps us proactively reach out to more customers.
We follow a technology agnostic approach and adopt the best technology for solving the problem at hand. We have a bias towards action, creative problem solving and a metrics driven mindset. We are a fully open source shop and big believers in contributing back to the community. If building open source IT stacks excites you, then our team might be your next career step.
- Drive code reviews, design reviews and inculcate engineering best practices across the team.
- Responsible for the overall team performance and growth of the team.
- Drive long term technology initiatives.
- Be an advocate for an extensible, scalable and maintainable design and lead by example.
- Be a technical mentor for team members and drive improvements in coding standards across large code bases.
- Move to state-of-the-art technologies as demanded by the environment and ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
- B.Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant software design, development and team management experience in a software organization.
- Solid coding and problem solving skills with ability to architect cross team features to refactoring existing frameworks.
- Experience in functional programming, Haskell, Scheme and Scala languages would be appreciated.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles with good requirements and design documentation skills.
- Exposure to a wide range of problem spaces and technologies and the ability to evaluate upcoming technologies. Good understanding of SDLC and the Program Management methods.
- Ability to create strong working relationships within and across functional teams. Be able to mentor team members to improve their technical and non-technical skills.
- LAMP stack proficiency (Expertise with Python is preferred.)
- AWS experience and contributions to open source projects would be desirable.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org