Virtual Labs Workshops
Overview and Motivation
Virtual Labs Team organizes workshops and hands-on practice sessions on Virtual Labs (both Offline College Cloud version and Online version) for interested Science & Engineering Institutions. Training sessions would be conducted for faculty members and students of interested institutes upon expression of their interest in Virtual Labs workshop.
Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition is the Offline and Portable Edition for Virtual Labs. It offers the offline version of Virtual labs, experiments and theoretical content. This edition addresses the lack of internet access or poor internet connectivity across different institutes/colleges. It results in a very cost-effective Learning Management System. This edition could be used effectively when specific experiments are being done by students of a class, for specific course requirements. These labs are not dependent on the quality and availability of the Internet and hence would be a stable edition for longer sessions.
On the other hand the online version is available at all times but is dependent on a good Internet link. Any of the 1700+ odd experiments could be performed at all times providing a good opportunity for continuous usage. Thus, it is suggested that the college cloud edition and the online versions should be used together in a college. On completion of the demonstrations and hands-on sessions, the faculty members and the students would be encouraged to submit the feedback form to the Virtual Labs team. These forms would be compiled and analyzed for further improvements in the Virtual Labs.
Workshops could be requested by faculty members or college management of the interested Science & Engineering Institutions.
Requirements for Online version
- The institute should be a Central/State University or institute/college approved by AICTE/UGC.
- The institute must have an auditorium with a seating capacity of at least 100 and a designated/common lab space having 35 PCs or more.
- In the event that the Internet operates behind a firewall, the specific communication ports 3306, 5900, 5902, and 8700 would need to be opened to facilitate Virtual Labs network traffic.
- Java must be downloadable through the Internet and Gmail should
System configuration (Recommended)
- Browser: Firefox, Chrome
- Plugins: Flash, Java 1.6 version, and IcedTea
- No pop-up blockers
- Internet connection (1 Mbps) and a multimedia projector
- Vlabs web page should be accessible from the browser.
- Registration should be successful from registration page.
- Within a lab, lab-level and experiment-level feedback links should be working within the institute network.
Requirements for Offline College Cloud Edition
The Institute should be a Central/State University or Institute/college approved by AICTE/UGC. Kindly follow the link to get detailed requirements for Virtual Labs College Cloud
Request for Workshops
Follow the steps below to have a workshop conducted at your college :
- Please make sure that the requirements (offline College Cloud version/online version) are met.
- Fill the Expression of Interest form.
- Virtual Labs Outreach Team would contact you in 5-10 working days. Further communications would happen through email.
- On confirmation from the Virtual Labs team on the workshop date (as filled in the Expression of Interest) , a checklist form for online version and a checklist form for offline College Cloud version needs to be duly filled , scanned and mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- On receipt of the above form, Virtual Labs Outreach Team would conduct the workshop on the scheduled date.