Frontend Web Developer
Virtual Labs Engineering and Architecture Division (VLEAD) is looking for competent and experienced frontend web developers to work in the core technologies of Virtual Labs. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency for ensuring highest levels of performance and availability of critical infrastructure. The engineering team at Virtual Labs is looking at innovative ways to design, develop and deploy the various applications with high uptime requirements. We are looking for developers who can build high-quality frontend modules in compliance with standards, quality guidelines and relevant best practices. Commonly used technologies for Virtual Labs are:
- OS: Linux/Unix
- Tools: Redmine (Project Management System), Mediawiki, Emacs (Org-mode)
- Version control: git
Some of the problems that you can solve as part of the team:
- Find solutions to complex issues that are unique to our project and integrate them across integration teams.
- Build low-latency systems and make data-driven decisions.
- Build intelligent platforms that maximize the value of our offering and helps us proactively reach out to more customers.
- Frontend module development, design and implemention of new features and functionalities. Creating responsive designs and rendering it into a working theme.
- Work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Move to state-of-the-art technologies as demanded by the environment and ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
- B.Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant frontend web development experience is desirable.
- Cognizance with REST APIs and service-oriented-architecture (SOA).
- Experience in functional programming, Haskell, Scheme and Scala languages would be appreciated.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles with good requirements and design documentation skills.
- Good problem solving skills with curiosity to explore technology.
- Quick self learner, proactive team player and an effective communicator.
- In depth understanding of the entire web development process including design, development and deployment with some back-end knowledge would be desirable.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org